Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What is Sacred Pause?

I would like to introduce myself and let you know who I am and what I do with passion.

I am a fine art photographer and workshop facilitator, and I always am in search for the sacredness in the ordinary. In my many journeys to sacred places near and far, I usually take the road less traveled -- camera in hand, looking for the quiet place, the often-overlooked image, the peace that holds our hectic life at bay. In most of my travels, the lesson learned rests in the journey, not in the final sacred destination. I have captured these spiritually-inspired images and lessons in photographs and stories, freezing in time the present moment, illustrating the sacredness in the ordinary often missed in our busy lives. Theses images and stories exemplify the reverence and uplifting spirit sacred places around the world reveal.

Sacred Pause began during a time in my life that I needed to be still, reflect, and take a pause. My passion for photography blossomed during this time; I was drawn to spiritual landscapes that existed all around me, and I paused to honor life’s quiet rhythms: lessons in fierce landscapes, desert silence, pacific fog, stillness of redwoods, mountaintop prayer, solitude at an ancient sea, even the glow of my backyard garden angel… these spiritual landscapes provided me solace.

Admirers of Sacred Pause photography typically feel a strong emotional connection, whether it’s because I’ve captured a moment in time that perfectly symbolizes a memorable travel destination thousands of miles away, or simply through spiritual objects and moments closer to home. Imagine a sunrise in Venice where the gondolas seem to glow, a lei-covered holy statue in Hawaii, a row of angels on high in a New Orleans cemetery, the pristine calm of a fog-laced morning in Muir Woods, a picturesque sunrise over the Dead Sea, or a lone soldier praying at Jerusalem’s Western Wall.

I also conduct a workshop I call “Sacred Pause: Revealing Your Journey,” that completes the Sacred Pause experience by allowing participants the opportunity to experience “journeys of the soul” and discover their own, deeply personal way of slowing down to better connect with the world around them.

My hope is that we will pause each day, to experience the beauty around us, to realize the hidden power of sacred moments, to savor rituals, and to give thanks for our blessings.

No comments: